Saturday, February 28, 2009

Anna is the big o-n-e!

I can't help but think back to what we were doing today one year ago. We went in for our scheduled c-section bright and early and had our little girl a little after seven a.m. The first few hours were wonderful as we were getting to know Anna. The rest of the day is really hazy to me because of the pain meds I was on, but I know we had lots and lots of visitors who couldn't wait to me our new little sweetheart. She is so special to me. I can't even begin to express how much I love her, and I'm getting pretty emotional writing this, so I'm just going to show some pictures of the day she came into this world.

Just minutes old

Here we are in the recovery room

She was one day old in this picture

The first time big brother met little sister

The hair! I won't ever forget that hair!

Now, Anna is a big one-year-old girl! As I write this she is sitting on my lap, drinking a bottle, and idly kicking anything her little foot can find. She is almost walking, she just needs to figure out that walking is a better, faster way to get from here to there, but she is close! She can find your nose when asked, gives kisses (sometimes) when asked, and gives high five. She says Otis, Bella, Mama, Dada, and probably more that I just haven't figured out yet. She is very affectionate, a little stubborn, and when she wants something she goes after it full force! Anna is such a special little girl and we are all wrapped around her finger. And she knows it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Anna Girl!! :) Hope it's a wonderful day for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete